Broadhurst Landfill has been providing safe and environmentally responsible disposal solutions for businesses and municipalities throughout southeastern Georgia since 1993.
The Landfill uses highly advanced, environmentally responsible practices, such as lining waste cells with an HDPE liner which sits on-top of an engineered soil liner. The liner system safely contains waste and helps to protect the local ecosystem. In addition, the Landfill maintains a sophisticated liquids management system, including leachate collection and storage, and a protective groundwater monitoring system.
Conservation, Sustainability, Eco-Focused
- Record of compliance and coordination with the Georgia Environmental Protection Division; inspected twice annually by State regulators.
- Home to more than 600 acres of managed Plantation Pines.
- Generated more than 870 wetlands mitigation credits, far exceeding U.S. Army Corps of Engineers requirements.
- Broadhurst has dedicated 259 acres to wetlands conservation and preservation easements, including sections of Little Penholloway Creek.
- Developed a 257-acre on-site wetlands mitigation site.
- Performed 115,000 plantings of natural hardwoods species, such as Bald Cypress, Green Ash, Red Maples, Water Tupelo, Mayhaw, and Sweet Bay.